Forum home Babies Weaning

High Sugar Treats

2»

Replies

• This thread has been really useful and it has changed my attitude to 'treats' and sugars. It really made me think about how my attitude will influence Annabel's attitude towards food, especially the 'forbidden' ones. 

I am now a lot more relaxed with sugar treats, if we are at a coffee shop and having cake I let Annabel have a few mouthfuls, I also let her share ice creams and have the occasional non - baby biscuit. I now think that by restricted such foods or making an issue about her not having them, it will course interest and curiosity. 

Thanks ladies, this has made interesting reading. 

• Emily's now asks me "mummy does this food make me big and strong, or is this a treat one" ha x
  • Hi Nicola - I'm so glad this thread has helped - I think its so interesting too and helps to chat with other parents and see what their views are. I too am being much more relaxed, and don't want to draw attention to 'bad' foods - everything in moderation - it is now my mantra. image I think the most important part of educating our children when it comes to food is leading by example - as I am confident my mum's terrible binge eating habits & fad diets are what caused my food/over eating problems. Now I've got my own weight and eating habits in check I can concentrate on educating Bert to appreciate and enjoy ALL foods in moderation. image