Forum home Babies Weaning

Snacks

I have a question on snacks especially things like rice cakes.  We give snacks to our 1 yo and 2yo but when it's rice cakes or any of those types of snacks we usually give a few at a time and pack them into smaller tubs.  But I see parents all the time giving the whole packet (or a packet of pom bears, or the organix carrot sticks).  I know they don't have much calories but I always think a whole pack looks big - what does everyone else think?  Am I being a bit stingy?!

Replies

• Glad you have asked this as I too was thinking the same thing. I had lunch with a friend and her baby while we were waiting for our food to be served she gave her baby (14months) a whole packet of the organix carrot sticks. I normally give Annabel a handful to either have as dessert or to eat as a quick snack on the bus/train. I have never given her a whole bag! So am I too being stingy or is it really not necessary   to give a whole bag??

I look forward to your thoughts on this one ladies!! x

• ha! Both having the same thoughts on this one then! Def would love the hear the norm on this x

• Im with you girls and tend to hand the rice cakes out one at a time and maybe a handful of cheesy wotsits or carrot sticks.  A bag of rice cakes lasts a good 3/4 days in this house. The only time that a bag of anything is consumed is when we are driving home to Ireland. Thats a 12 journey and is given out during the whole trip. If I gave either my 2 yr old or a 11mth old a bag it would end up tipped on the floor!!

Not stingy in my opinion xximage

• Thanks Emlowe!!  I agree with giving many on a long trip though - whatever gets you through!