Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Going to start weaning soon!

Where does the time go!? Lex is 15 weeks tomorrow and although not ready yet I'm going to start introducing a few spoons of baby rice in the next few weeks (my first was well in to baby rice n fruit/veg by now) she's trying to sit unaided and not doing to badly at it, Chomping on hands and feet, grabbing anything she can get hold of and taking a real interest in anything anyone else is eating. Scared and excited at the same time! I've ordered her a bumbo style chair from mamas n papas as she's too small for her highchair, can't wait to get started x

Replies

• Hi

You may jut want to heck with health visitor as the recommendation is 6 months. It's to so with preventing allergies etc.

Around 3-4 months they do develop their saliva glands so start putting things their mouths and my son was even teething at 3 months so chewing everything! Nightmare!

Just don't feel pressured into early weaning and check out the advice because it has changed a bit.image

Good luck with it though. X
  • Yeah I have been feeling her gums to check for teeth. She's so hungry at the min but still bringing milk up, I see my hv on 27th so ill mention it then. I weaned Caitlin at 12 weeks cuz she was just so bloody hungry n she loved it x

• LH86,

Can't believe your new baby is almost ready to be weaned!! Time has flown by. Be interested to hear what the HV recommends about weaning. The advice seems to be changing all the time but this is a link to the current NHS/DOH recommendations:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/Pages/solid-foods-weaning.aspx#close

X X X

• I think she will go mad if I even so much as breathe a word about it but as she has reflux I think I've got not much choice! Apparently they're very pro 6 months plus weaning x