Forum home Babies Weaning

Eager at first but now losing interest?

Hi,

I started weaning my baby at 23 weeks and she was very keen and was immediately gobbling down small amounts of quite textured mush.

She had breakfast and dinner and would have about 2-3 tsps for each and tried all sorts of fruit, veg, lentils, fish and meat.

She is now 26 weeks and this last week or so her enthusiasm has really reduced. I've tried her on single tastes, mixtures, blended meals, new tastes and finger foods but she fusses and opens her mouth only enough to taste a little bit. If I manage to get more in her mouth she swills it around for a bit and calmly spits it all back out.

She hasn't had any negative experiences or reactions. I keep calm and breezy and don't force it into her at all.

I'm breastfeeding and have tried changing when I give her boob in relation to her solid meals but it makes no difference. She started off having boob immediately before and ate the solids so I doubt it's a factor.

The only time that she still eats solids enthusiastically is when it's right off my plate but we eat out a lot so I can't depend on the salt levels.

I'm worried that we're heading to a flat out refusal of solids and I don't know what to do? 

Replies

• Is she teething? My lo is 25 weeks on thurs have been weaning her since about 18 weeks and am finding sometimes now she just won't eat and it seems to coincide with her hot and bothered grumpy times which I can only put down to sore gums. My first had sore gums for months before she cut any teeth x