Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

10 month old - lactose intolerant or something else?

Hi All,

I would love some advice after a really bad night last night. Think hubby and I had an hours sleep between us, poor old baby and even less I think.

So for the last 6-8 weeks my 10 month old boy has been bringing up milk after every feed, varying between a little to a lot. Usually within an hour or two he will then have a really bad poo. More often a not it leaks everywhere and he has to be completely changed and washed. I know this has been going on for a while but he did have a tummy bug so I thought it might have cleared up by now. He had a temperature, vomiting and diarrhea. Dr said it was probably just teething but I'm sure it was a bug. He did spit up a bit prior to the bug but not as much.

Trouble is, he is teething and I changed to HIPP Follow on Milk. He has also had a sore bum from time to time. He used to be a really good sleep and now seems to need a feed in the night time and I can't reduce his milk. He loves his food too so I was hoping to reduce his bottles but he's still have 4-5 bottles a day - 7 oz each.

So
- is it teething? I don't think so. Seems more than that. He barely grumbled with his lower teeth.
- is it the change in formula? If so what should I do?
- could it be lactose intolerance since he had the tummy bug? if so should I try a lactose free formula?

Please can someone give me some adive. It is Sunday morning and I want to help my little man now. Or at least try. I don't want to leave it another 24 hours before I can see a DR. And I'm worried they will just say go and try a different milk anyway.

thanks in advance,
Sue