Forum home Babies Weaning

Getting nowhere

So we progressed from pureed veg and fruit onto some semi puree veg with chicken. We then went onto pasta with cheese/tomato sauce and chicken. DS loved all the latter foods when we started him with it.

Now he wont eat the pasta, wont eat peas. I end up trying him with it ^just in case^ and getting stressed because he wont take more than a few spoons. I then resort back to the okld faithfuls of just veg.

Anyone got any helpful suggestions on what we can do? He's not adverse to lumpier foods so I dont get it.

Ive been and bought several sachets of different foods this morning (I usually make my own) and I dont know what to do. DS is 6 and a half months.

Replies

• Hi, you know i found when weaning my dd, she would eat the same old things, and then all of a sudden stop, and eat a whole new batch of things. I think the trick is to not too hung up on it as everyday as your son gets older, he'll just keep trying and eating more and more stuff.

Have you tried those tiny pasta stars they do? They were a winner for us for ages - mixed with pureed roasted butternut (worth mentioning, now my dd is 18months and wont touch butternut!!!).

I also made a lentil, sweet potatoe Annabel Karmel recipe and that was a brilliant staple for ages too.

Try not to fret, as he simple gets older, he will start eating more - also when our dd could start feeding herself (little chunks of food she could pick up) this changed EVERYTHING for us - she would eat so much more. Good luck, and just take it in your stride. x

• We havent tried the pasta stars but have seen them. He's had spaghetti cut really fine which I thought may be similar.

I'm going to do some more puree/freezing tonight and see what happens.

• It's really hit and miss, so if he rejects something one day, don't throw the lot, just try it again in a few days times. The pasta stars were brilliant for us - i used to cook them with this bolognaise which she loved (blended the meat mix too so it was smooth for her).

• We tried him with a roast dinner one day - everything he had already had - parsnips, broccolli, chicken etc,... wouldnt touch any of it and in fact ended up with most of it around his body!

• Oh and he always seems to eat well at nursery or my parents. Just with us image