Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How much milk should a weaning 5month old have a day?

my little one has 2 meals a day 

porridge fot breakfast followed by approx 7oz 

fruit puree for lunch followed by approx 7oz

veg puree followed by yoghurt 

7-9oz before bed.

this sounds like a lot but she is a hungry baby and has been from the moment she came into the world image 

somedays she only has less than 20oz my health visitor came before I weaned and hasn't been since I know they say they will take what they wamy but I'm worried she's not having enough milk. 

Just look for a little reassurance

Thanks Jess 

Replies

• Hiya Jess, welcome to MadeForMums.

I have a 20month old daughter and what you're describing with your little girl sounds really familiar to me. Sometimes, when my dd was around the same age as yours, I would worry as she'd barely take 18oz a day, and she was NOT being weaned (i tried her at 5months - she didn't take to food until she was about 8months old). Now she eats like a monster! More than my eldest daughter who's nearly 6!!!!

I think if your dd is draining the bottles dry, up her an oz or two. If she's not, don't worry at all - go with the flow as while you introduce new foods, it's all a bit of a guessing game. She sounds like she's having loads of food and tastes right now - sounds like you're doing a grand job!