Forum home Babies Weaning

baby not interested in food?

I've been weaning for around 6 weeks. Baby is 7 months old but just does not seem interested in food, she has 4 bottles of milk per day of 7 ounces and dropped her night feeds about a month ago 

I do porridge for brekkie and she has maybe 3 spoonfuls 

I tried a pouch of puree for lunch and she has maybe 3 spoonfuls then refuses the rest, I try to give fruit or cucumber which she loves but she literally chews it and spits most of it out?

I try a pouch for evening meal and same again few spoonfuls and then not interested? 

I have tried a range of different foods and it's all the same, anyone had this before? 

Replies

• Some babies just take longer to get the hang of food, remember that milk will still be providing all the nutrients she needs at this age and the bulk of her nutrients right through to age one. I'd just keep offering a range of foods, both on a spoon and finger foods and I'm sure she will start taking more soon.

• Agree with Margot. Never had this with my LO but I have friends whose babies have not been interested in the least and then suddenly 'get it' (particularly when they start to get more active). Keep offering food, keep it fun and hopefully she'll cotton on soon xx

• My LO wasn't really interested until nearly 11 months. We did baby-led weaning so no purees, just offered 3 meals a day of what we had. I started to get worried she'd never get it, but she did and now at 14 months she eats really well, omelette chips and beans tonight! Just keep offering, as long as she's having milk she won't starve. Food is for fun until they are one!

• OK thanks all. I have just not heard of it before! Hopefully she will get the hang of it soon!