Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

No idea what to do...help

My little one just finished 8 months. I give her solid but started with it after she was 6 and later she actually refused to eat anything except breast milk. 

I gave her time, and started again with purees. She eats 2 solids (purees) a day with some fruits. 

I have no idea how to introduce her lumpy food and how many meals she should have. Also any ideas of recipes?

It is my first baby and I was left alone with everything.

Maybe some of you will tel me how you feed your little ones? I still breast feed. Do not know how do the finger food and so on.... What time shall I feed my love? I am really cracked down...   

Replies

• Options

Since none of the other 346 that have viewed this have replied to you I thought I would. Not that I'm of much help but have found myself wondering the same thing. my baby is 6 months and has been on puréed food for about two weeks Now. Only tonight I've been looking into BLW and finger foods and have gained a lot of people's opinions on it. Facebook also have a few groups you can join (again this is what I have just done) 

im not sure how you feed just now if its jars or you cook for your little one but I think the jars get lumpy as they get older and they also have snacks such as rusks, biscotti, puffs ect (not to my preference but not judging those that do) if your making finger food for your little one I've read to start with food such as toast with a little butter or even a sugar free or low sugar spread, maybe some egg as long as it's cooked properly, chunks of fruit or some veg thats been cooked but very soft, cucumber, pasta... 

you could also get a baby book that tells you what to use. Anavel Karmel has a few I'm sure of them will have good advice. 

• Options

If you're wanting to move from breast milk to a bottle perhaps you could gradually introduce one bottle a day for a week or so and then gradually increase it.   

My LO is not keen on lumpy bits but Im trying to give her lumpy bits with banana or avocado rather than buying the ready made ones.  I can then just give her smaller amounts and nothing is wasted.Plus its cheaper.  

Take your time she'll get the hang of it soon.