Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Advice needed please!

My LG is 14 weeks old and is having 8oz (occasionally 9oz) of milk every 4 hours. A few people I have spoken to have said this seems like a large amount to be feeding. Could she be ready to start weaning and trying with a small amount of baby rice?

I'm aware of the 6 month guidelines but she has been holding her head up and been very strong since an early age and has hand, eye co-ordination also. She is my first child so very unsure of certain things.

Any help would be much appreciated

Replies

• Options

Hi sammi... The 6 month guideline isn't because of a baby's level of development in terms of hilding tgeir head up or grasping things etc... Its that they digestive system is not ready to be able to process solid foods so it can make them poorly & / or increase the chances that they will have digestive problrms & allergies in later life. You really need to hold off on introducing solids for a little longer.

is she taking breastmilk or formula?. If you are expressing & giving her breastmilk then perhaps i trouducing some formula would help as it is more filling. If she is already on formula, i think so e brands do a 'hungry baby' mix which you could try.

other than that I would say have a chat with your health visitor & she what they can advise.

good luck! 

• Options

I only mentioned the head control and hand co-ordination as they are signs to look out for for your child being ready, as told by my hv.

She is bottle fed and is already on hungrier baby milk