Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Advice please!!!!!

I have a 7 month old daughter.  I have just recently started her on more lumpy foods than just the puree foods. 

Just wondering as most times Im feeding her it looks like its hard for her to swallow it...  Just wondering if I should make it more smooth..  Not too sure on this matter as I make my own food but also use the 7+ baby food jars aswell... 

Replies

• Post deleted by MadeForMums.
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines.

• Hi Kirstyaj. 

i weened my son around 3/4 months and he's just turned 7 months on the 21st. Up until about  a month ago i started making his food lumpier. He enjoyed his breakfast (mashed fruit) but seemed to gag on his lunch and tea, Which would be vegatables mashed. But still quite smooth. i felt I was at a dead end. Knowing he needs to learn how to chew but he just wasnt getting the concept and gagging so much he would be sick. I felt terrible. Any who I stook with it and then tried him on baby crisps, he learnt how to chew by eating them. And now he knows to chew his food. He will now chew on small lumps of cheese and toast. Sometimes it goes to the back of his throat but he's learnt how to deal with it and not gag, how to get it back up into his mouth and to chew it  

I make all his food and freeze it in ice cube trays. Every meal he is having 6 cubes at a time. And a pudding of either a yoghurt or another 6 cubes but of fruit. Xx

• Yes your little one just needs to learn to chew so I know it seems scary but stick with it and as the other lady suggested try things like the baby snacks. Gud luck 😀