Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Is this too much food and milk?

my baby has 4 9 ounce bottles a day and three small puree meals. hes 21 week and a big lad. Semen's happy on it and sleeps from 7pm till 6am. Do you think this is ok? Am I over feedi him? He happy and opens his mouth to take the food 🤔

Replies

• Options

Sorry I meant seems not semens! 😮

• Options

Hi Bertbobs. My son turned 7 months on the 21st. We weened him at around 3/4 months due to him always being hungry. He took so well to it. 

He wakes around 6-7am has breakfast 15-30 minutes after waking, which consists of either 6 ice cubes of fruit(defrosted over night) or toast or 1 whole weetabix, then a little play, 7oz bottle and then has his nap around 8.30/9am for an hour. 

when he wakes he will have a play, but be hungry angry so will have a snack of yoghurt or baby crisps/finger foods. 

around 12/12.30 he will have lunch, 6 ice cubes of vegtables, and then a yoghurt for pudding or 6 cubes of fruit. Then a 7oz bottle and a nap. 

Then wake up and still be hungry, so he will have some kind of finger food.

Then tea will be at 3.30/4.30 consisting of the same type of thing as lunch time. 

some days he will want another 7oz bottle and nap. Some days he will just nap without. 

Wakes up and has a play, bath, wind down, 7oz bottle and then bed. And sleeps through until morning with maybe 1 wake up call for his dummy. 

I too was worried I was feeding him too much. He is always hungry!!! Even though he's having big milk feeds too!! 

hes a big lad. And tall for his age. But one seen chunkier babys. So I just think he has a good appititie and is enjoying the self feeding and new tastes. If you are worried speak to your health advisor xxx

• Options

Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines.