Forum home Babies Weaning

6 month old poo's after every feed.

My LO is almost 6 months old EBF and has 5 feeds a day. Started introducing solids about 5 weeks ago as he was starting to drop on the curve. Slowly been increasing solids and he now has 3 meals a day as well as the 5 feeds. However after every feed (BF and solid) he will poo. Their not explosive or massive and normal texture a bit like toothpaste but I'm a bit worried this is too frequent. He is calmer since starting the solids sleeping 10 hours straight at night and hitting all his milestones and very active. Any thoughts please?

Replies

• Hi Phunt88,

i have no real experience with this as my daughter is mostly constipated :( however my friends little boy was exactly as you describe and on taking him to the doctors they discovered that he was intolerant to some foods - I think it might have been dairy - which was then making him so regular! She had to cut back on her own in take so that he wasn't getting it through the breast milk but to be honest it only really improved once she stopped BF :( maybe worth looking into intolerances to see if what you are eating could be having an effect? Good luck xx