Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

HELP!!

Please help... My son has just turned 5 months, about 2 weeks ago I gave him baby rice and pureed pear ( on separate days). He loved it but had a bit of tummy ache..nothing much, just a bit uncomfortable. Anyway.. because we are trying to get his sleep routine sorted,I thought I will put the weaning on hold for a bit so that , if he does wake or become difficult to settle, I am not wondering if it's because of tummy ache. He hasn't had solids for about 10 days now but he is up all night whimpering or stirring. You can hear his tummy bubbling from the other side of the room and when it does this it must hurt him as he flinches, writhes about or wakes up. 

He is not a particularly gassy baby,apart from the solids mentioned above he has always been exclusively bf. He has not ever been sickly either, he never even brings anything up when I burp him..until recently when he's had a couple of sicky burps.

He is normally the most content,happy little man and he's just not himself at the moment. Probably,in part, due to the disturbed sleep ( that's another thing...he can no longer settle himself which he always used to go) but I just wondered if anyone has had anything similar and if the weaning may have damaged his stomach somehow..please help x

Replies

• Options

Has this just started after weaning or was he having stomach ache before and that's why you tried weaning? My son was like this, really started after about 3 months and turns out he is allergic to dairy. He was ebf and it was coming through my milk. once I cut out dairy he was a lot better. but speak to your hv. the foods you have given don't sound to me like something that would upset his stomach? 

Hope he is better soon x