Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Feeding routine for 6 months+??

hi ladies

just hoping some of you may be able to share your babies feeding routines with me from when they were 6-7 months please? 

My LO has always had quite a small appetite but im worried he isn't getting enough now we're weaning, everywhere I've looked online peoples babies seem to eat sooo much more than mine! I've tried lots of tricks to try and get him to have more food and milk but not having much joy so hoping to see how others do it for ideas!! 

Thanks so much xx

Replies

• My baby has only ever wanted a bottle every 4 hours during the day (she sleeps through the night) eventhough it's 'recommended' she has 5. So now she has her 4 bottles (7.30am ish to 6.30/7pm) and has her food around 3pm. I was trying to wean her a bit later but found as she was getting tired then she didn't really want her food. To begin with at 6 months she only had a couple of spoon fulls, now she usually has a small bowl then a handful of fruit. 

If your baby is gaining weight etc then in my opinion I wouldnt worry too much if he/she is eating enough as they get all their nutritional needs from their milk :)