Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

First weaning foods

Hi everyone, I'm starting weaning this week! Looking for any advice on foods to try for the first weeks! Thanks 

Replies

• Hi Firstandexcited, we just wanted to let you know we have a free weaning app which you might find useful. Just search the app store for MadeForMums Weaning and we should pop up! 

• First of all good luck! I did purees (was terrified of baby led weaning, but did that with my second, as the fear of them choking isn't as bad!) I also  read you should start with savoury purees first, so not to give the babies a sweet tooth early on. 

So i did, sweet potato, carrot, porridge, lots of yogurts with pureed fruit like apples and pears cook down really well. I also bought a toddler weaning book by Annabel Karmel which was really helpful. Also loads of ready made fruit purees too. Hope this helps, and remember if baby doesn't seem into it, stop for a few weeks and then try again later. 

• We done porridge and fruits one of the best I find is doing a banana push pop, my lo now gets excise when he sees a banna lol. I'd speak start with fruits and vegetables but that's me personally you don't have to do what bossy. Good luck mamma or dadda