Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Home-cooked weaning

Hello! I'm a Marketing master student and I'm doing a survey for a school project. I come to ask for your time to answer a 2-minute survey. It is super easy and the goal is to understand your interest in weaning with home-cooked food and, more specifically, in a new premium cookbook in weaning. Your answers would mean a lot. Thank you :smiley:

https://uemportugal.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_b14aEdpnR753brD

Replies

• First of all, you have to know what is Weaning food. Weaning food is the gradual replacement of breastfeeding or formula feeding with other foods and a way of nurturing. Basically, weaning foods are started around 6 months so you can use simple, single-ingredient purées.

Banana purée

Often called a “perfect” food, bananas are rich in potassium and fiber.

Bananas are also known as one of nature’s own antacids and are very gentle on the stomach. Although bananas are one of the best first foods for babies, be careful not to overdo it. Sometimes overuse of banana can cause constipation.

Avocado purée

This buttery treat is a wonderful “good fats” food for the baby’s brain and physical development. Plus, the creamy texture of perfectly ripe avocado is one that babies seem to love.

To help prevent browning, put the avocado pit in the puree when refrigerating.

carrots purée

Carrots are a wonderful introduction to solids because of their naturally sweet taste and pleasant texture.