Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Feeding update

As I asked for you advice I thought I would let you know how weaning is going! I started baby rice at 12 weeks (shhhh don't tell the HV). She likes creamed porridge, fruity breakfast, veggie rice and apricot yoghurt cereal.

She is now loving her purees, carrot, sweet potato, apple, pea and parsnip if mixed with carrot. Going to try broccoli and courgette next. She also likes a few jars and mixed fruit purees. Yoghurts are also a favourite!!

Can i introduce mushrooms yet??
Does anyone have any other ideas? I don't want to intrduce meat yet. I have annabel karmel and an M&S baby book.

Replies

• think your ment to leave meat until there 6mths. i know your defo ment to leave wheat gluten and dairy until there 6mths. not sure about mushrooms.
  • Good question !!

Not sure either,rileys had mushrooms in spag bol i used to make when he was almost a year.
  • Thats great she's enjoying her food. As I said earlier we are now onto the lumpy stuff. Its a bit manic in my house these days with them all, so Luka is having the odd jar. The veg and fruit purees are so easy to do yourself. But I find the meat hard to get a good smooth consistency. So I don't think the odd Hipp organic will hurt. Luka had a couple of their chicken/meat based jars before 6months. Annabel Karmel book is great and really helpful especially when they get older and more fussy!