Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

BLW and how to start ?

Hi

Tyler has been on purees and manages really well with these, however i would like him to try BLW with him as he's constantly trying to grab his food. So, where do i start ? I really have no idea, i've bought a book which suggests steamed carrots, brocoli etc.

How did everyone else start ?

Sarah+Tyler(6 months)

Replies

• Hiya, whats BLW??

I just got annabel karmel book and suggests the purees then as baby gets accustomed to tastes make food a bit lumpier.

Logan started on rice and porridge and now on banana and apple. Carrot and potato tomorrow.

• Lillykit

I haven't started BLW yet with my lo as she isn't 6 months old yet but I have got a really good book called "Baby Led Weaning" by Gill Rapley & Tracey Murkett which is fantastic although a little repetitive - might be worth looking at as it talks you through what and when and suggested foods etc
  • if you start at 6 months babies dont need pureed food. brocolli is a good one as it has a handle. there is a blw website ive been looking at. http://babyledweaning.blogware.com/