Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Dairy free diet ideas?

Hi Ladies

My LO was diagnosed with a cows milk allergy yesterday after a bad reaction to SMA. I am currently in week 2 of weaning and now need some ideas as to what to avoid or foods that are good for him in terms of vitamins.

Any ideas/tips you could pass on would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Kay

Replies

• Hi
    My son has a milk intolence, to begin with I gave him Veg and Fruits mainly, and then progressed to meat + veg or fish + veg meals followed by fruit, soya yoghurt or jellies. Once you get use to it and reading the food labels there is so much they can eat you will be surprised. Once you get use to what they can eat it is alot easier. I now cook family meals for us that don't have milk in which is alot better and I only need to cook once!

Karen
  • Hi, giving a vitamin like Abidec will help make sure you LO gets any vitamins he may need. You could also try rice milk? My friend has a lactose intolerant LO and gives her this and she loves it!  spinach is great for iron, brown rice for fibre and a good variety of veg, fruit and meats. As he gets older there is a great choice of lactose free cheeses, yoghurts, etc. Good Luck! image