Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

BLW

We started our BLW last week. DS has picked up a couple of things and licked them but isn't that keen on it generally.

How long did it take your lo's to "get the hang" of BLW ? Do you have any tips or tricks ?

K x

Replies

• pippa started picking things up and trying/licking them after about a week but it wasn't until 8 months that she really got it, one day it just seemed to click and there's been no stopping her. Just keep going with it, and offer bits often and he will get it, it's so worth sticking with it
    xx
  • what are the best things to give??
  • my lo has been doing it for 7 weeks now and still prefers boobie, eats and chews quite alot though x x sweet potato chips were best for J with broccli and banana - nice!
  • DS has finally got the hang of it ! Hoorah! He demolished a cheese sandwich today - and I think half of it actually went down. Then this afternoon he worked his way through a fromage frais - he LOVED it ! Hoorah !!
  • my god- we did blw for the first time today, lots of gagging and being sick! and lots of mess!! is it worth it? she didnt seem to eat much!