Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby Rice?

Hey everyone, I'm going to start my 18 week old baby Dylan on baby rice but was wondering if you need to give him a bit of water, squash or a bottle of milk after feeding him his baby rice will he actually get thirsty when i start him on it?. i would ask the health visitor but she is always on holiday or i get her answer machine, so if anyone could help me it would be much appreciated.

Thankyou all for looking or helping.

Replies

• Options
    Hi, The official line is not to give them food until 6 months but I started my DD at 4 months and she loves her food. I would suggest a sippy cup with some boiled, cooled water in it. Not juice as it can rot their forming teeth. Good luck and have fun.
  • Options
    Hi

I have started weaning Anna and she was 16 weeks wen we started on the baby rice. I started her off on once a day at lunchtime with one spn of baby rice mixed with one ounce of so of her usual bottle. She has a drink first, then half of the rice, drink in the middle then the rest. We burp then she cuddles in for the remainder of her bottle.x