Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: Weaning your baby

Replies

• Options
    I didn't know that and I have given my wee girl a taster of strawberry too, she is 6 months. She hasn't had a whole one, just a little nibble I offered her. I just looked it up and there seems to be conflicting info - apparently in the US it's recommended not to offer them before the little one is at least 2 years old. There seem to be various reasons why they should be avoided, but the most common one I found said that they are a common cause of allergies including excema and asthma. I don't know if that's true or not though!
  • Options

well Myles hasn't had any reaction to them so I will continue!!!

If I had read everything and believed everything, I would be panicking!!!!

• Options
    Only avoid things like that if your family has a history of allergies.If you give them a little and they like it,providing it hasn't caused a reaction why not give it to them.
    There's so much conflicting advice.
  • Options

strawberry yogs used to affect the little ones in my family just red around the mouth but actual strwberries never did!

Jack would be distraught if he couldnt have them we get through 2 or more punnets a week and cherrys, blueberries, rasberrys, bananas, the boy loves his fruit, if only beanie would share his enthusiasm

• Options
    The govt advice doesn't include holding off on gluten introduction. This article should be updated.
  • Options

why should i avoid strawberries? Myles is almoast 6 months and has had a strawberry. He hasn't developed anything against it and wants more of them!!