Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: Mum neglected baby for Facebook addiction

Replies

• Options

I fel guilty being online an hour!!!!!! Kids are in bed tho-just think I should be cleaning or something......

Glad I didn't see that.

• Options

I go online when they're in bed or if they're busy playing I might pop on if I have to go on the pc to do the banking,or Tescos.Not for long though.

Children come first,then housework.Crisps for breakfast is just not on.As for the why would I go to the supermarket when burger and chips is £1.50 just shows she hasn't changed that much at all.

• Options

How disgusting,she should be ashamed!

Women like her have no right to have children,i have 4 myself and love taking them on walks and to the park and i certainly don't give them crisps for breakfast !

• Options
    The upside should be is that she now realises that she has an addiction ... computer usage can be just as absorbing and destructive as gambling or alcoholism etc.  What is more, rather than accusing the woman of been disgusting is perhaps to be pitied, that motherhood is not something that we are all capable of, and perhaps through isolation and lack of social contact which are very real things that can happen to women who become mothers.  She actually perhaps is an intelligent girl who has allowed boredom to get the better of her.  Her lack of meal preparations, excursions to the park or foodhall are more part of her way of feeding her addiction to free up her time.  She also may just be depressed, and it is for the rest of us to be aware of our friends who may be just like her and to make sure we not leave them behind in their own loneliness but instead try and give them real support (not just empty words) and encouragement.  No one is perfect. 
  • Options

This problem is becoming more and more common , yes there usually is a reason behind the behaviours.  The sad thing is as a nation we are not recognizing it and supporting those in need. Social Services dont treat this as a priority , actually in many cases they dont take any action. We have started a campaign to raise awareness. Its nice to see that this lady had acknowledged her problem  , but what did it really take. How many people had to tell her before it sunk in ? .. Why arent we telling other parents , why arnt we preventing this addiction or at the very least trying to. I dont for one second say ban face book , this would be risdiculas but people are living in a virtual world and need to be introduced to what damage this is doing to their children.

www.childrenneedyou.com

• Options
    I remember watching her on Wife Swap a while ago and I was completely shocked and appalled. It doesn't seem like she's changed at all, even though she claims she has. Six hours is still a ridiculous amount of time to spend online when you have two young children to take care of. What a selfish woman.