Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: NHS cuts antenatal support

Replies

• Options
    what a shame.  midwives and health care staff have such an important role in the early days, it might the only face a new mum sees for a few days at a time.  they do such a good job (in most cases) with an already very tight budget as it is.
  • Options

dun know what next they gonna cut?? we works so hard to pay tax to e gov and in the end we get nothing back from them.

too much of pen pushers in the trust and people who abused the trust money!

• Options

I had my 3rd baby recently and the health visitor turned up to see me and announced that I wouldn't see her again and would have to go to the clinics or ring up to speak to someone.  This was despite having had a c-section 2wks earlier and having to wait 6wks to drive again, having 3 girls under 4 and admitting I felt lower than I had with either of the older girls.

This has left me with a 9wk old baby thinking I may have PND and no idea who I need to talk to about it,  I could really do with the postnatal visits at home, its not exactly what i want to start discussing in a packed clinic with a complete stranger while trying to hang on to 2 toddlers plus baby!

• Options

Aw youngmmmy I'm sorry to hear that. Could you ing your HV and see if she'll come visit you?

Hope she does,not nice being stuck in and if you do go out having toddlers to entertain.

Doesn't really suprise me,think it's terrible that cuts have to be made,especially in post natal careimage but in this area,I've already been told midwives aren't at my gp surgery anymore,so if I were to have another it's a half hour drive or 2 bus journeyimage those changes were made over 12 months ago. So sad,we should be the envy of every country with a health service that is free-I'm wondering how long it will be around now.

• Options
    Thats sad. Especially postnatal home visits can be a real lifeline when you're home and reality of life with a baby is setting in!