Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: Parents name babies after Twilight stars

Replies

• Options

Think Harry became popular after Princess Di named her son Harry...

I really like Esme for a girl, but I think I'd be embarassed to use it as Twi-Hards will rib me! 

What about Carlisle, Jacob (SWOOON) and Embry, Quil and Laurent? Those are cool Twilight names

• Options
    I'd call my son Edward if it guaranteed he grew up to be as handsome as the guy who plays him!! Isabella is nothing new but I do like Jacob and Rosalie.
  • Options

we have an edward in the family, i didnt like the name, but it really suits him.

i do love edward cullen too! image

I love the name bella, why isnt that in there???

My daughter lola would have been bella or belle, but her surname is lambell so we didnt think it would have worked!

• Options

I love the name Alice and have ALWAYS wanted it for a girl and so we shall if its a girl in there...I like it because of Alice in wonderland BUT Alice in twilight is sexy hot and cute! So maybe it works out ok!

xxxxx

• Options

There were a lot of Harrys after Prince Harry was born.We called our son Harry at a time the name's popularity had died down.That was before Harry Potter.

Edward's on my list too,but because it's my Grandad's middle name.

• Options
    just finished new moon, love it!
  • Options

Ohhh this is interesting...

Now if a new mum genuinely loves the name Edward, she'll be heckled for 'copying' the character! I used to think Edward sounded awkward and old fashioned, although now I have read the books, I really like it!

Harry was a popular name for years - nothing to do with Harry Potter then?