Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: Boy suspended for ‘crisp dealing’ in school

Replies

• Options

I feel sorry for this child because it seems clear to me that his father had all to do with his selling enterprise. 
    However, punishment was necessary. 

• Options

Ithink they're right to do something ,I suppose suspending him was more of  message to the parents ,and seems unfair on the child.I wonder how the parents of other children at the school feel about their children being ripped off,in effect by this child's father as the child was obviously helped by someone.Is this these kids pocket money they're spending.

Lots of schools have healthy packed lunch policies,they don't need someone undermining that either.Right or wrong,there's the rest of the day and all weekend to pig out on junk,they can manage a few hours without if that's the school's policy.I certainly wouldn't want my child supplied  with junk without my say so.

• Options
    Hmm, the phrase 'like father, like son' springs to mind! I think the school were right to punish him in some way though, and he was only suspended for one day which I think is fair.
  • Options
    I heard this on the radio-thought it was a girl??? It is a notorious school,I'm glad he had some punishment,but perhaps dad should have been cautioned too-after all it is school policy for no junk.