Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: Couples argue for 40 mins a day over household chores

Replies

• Options

After ten years the arguments stop,you just get on and do it.You realise he is but a little boy,only bigger....plus other obvious differences.Spirit broken,you find yourself putting his slippers by the door and tea on the table as he's in the door,children all bathed and jammied and ready for bed....yeah right.

Other issues,you'll never change his bad habits.A man who doesn't have bad habits is not a man,and have the slight advantage of making mine look not quite so bad.

We don't really argue.We might disagree,at most  there's a brief "explosion".He goes for a fag,promptly forgetting all,I sulk till I realise it's only me I'm p***ing off.Everythings hunkydory again.

DIY's my job,closest I get to help is he'll get BIL to do it.I waited 6 months for a stairgate,then did it myself.Rubbish is his job,he forgets he does two lots the next week and it stinks,his problem.Hoovering's his job,but we sometimes swap and he does baths.

Seems the less I nag the more he helps.He likes it clean and tidy,I've got him well trained after all this time.Just don't tell him to do it

• Options

we are both waaay to stubborn so andrew knows if hes asked to do something i WONT do it for him, and its the same the other way round.

Although now when we get ready to go anywhere i just do it all, because

HE CANT MATCH HATS GLOVES AND SCARVES AND I MAY KILL HIM IF HE GETS IT WRONG AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image *and breath*

oh and he doesnt pack snacks/milk spare clothes, the comforters and spare dummys, he just takes nappy/wipes/beaker!!!

ah to be a man

• Options
    Ha this made me laugh-it's about 4 mins in this house-I do , he doesn't end of discussion!!!!! I could have done 2 jobs in that 40 mins of wasting my breath!!!!!image