Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: Sneak preview - baby kit to watch out for in 2010

Replies

• Options

We had a highchair suitable from birth,the Babies R US one.Not very good choice.Cover split,harness too low at its highest.Too many nooks and crannies you have to clean with a toothpick.Seemed a good buy but it's ready for the bin.Don't actually use a highchair from birth,it was a bit of a waste of money.

I like the look of the Hauck Turnaround,if it does all it claims to.We just bought booster seats and got rid of two highchairs,but it would be nice to buy just the one thing you could continue using as they get older.

Don't think much of the stainless steel bottles.Tommee Tippee make BPA free plastic ones,much cheaper.£12 just for a 5oz one?The TT ones are a lot less,and you can microwave them

The Jane carrycot and transporter look nice,if I was starting again I would definately look at either of those.

Some good ideas

• Options

Hi MFM mums,

We've just published the exclusive first review of the Phil & Teds Highpod. Check it out and let us know what you think! 

C

• Options

that looks pretty cool, would be a good idea for 2nd child and so on as baby could join the rest of the family, lola used to sit in her bouncy chair and often got moody as all she could see was feet!!

Although having just got a phil and teds metoo last month i LOVE it and would avoid big bulky highchairs like the plague if i was to buy again!

• Options

I Just wanted to say about the phil and ted high pod it is NOT the first ever highchair for newborns and if that is what they are advertising it is false, I have the first ever highchair for newborns sitting in my house right now! And personally I think it looks more child friendly it comes with toys and a padded insert for the baby and i bet its a damn site cheaper and allready out now it is made by chicco its called the polly magic I have left a link image

Mothercare do exclusive designs and babies r us also sell them but none of the exclusive colours

http://www.mothercare.com/Chicco-Polly-Magic-Friends/dp/B0030EA3JG/sr=1-4/qid=1263680956/ref=sr_1_4/276-8854028-4545635?_encoding=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42764041&mcb=core