Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: Dad’s iPad - your toddler’s new favourite toy

Replies

• Options

Isn't it funny. I have that with my touch phone. Then they get so used to it that they start to touch other screens and expect the things on the screen to move.

Some people are saying that by the time they grow up that keyboards will be an ancient relic.

What other applications have you tried? On the phone, my kids love Sneezies, which is a bubble-popping game, and Melody Match, which is like the game where you memorise the position of cards to make matching pairs, butwith short musical tunes instead

• Options
    My toddler is frighteningly good on our iPad. His favourites are Talking Tom and Talking Ben, but I wish there was lock. He is always on the verge of buying extra add-ons, his diners are lightening fast !
  • Options

Yup, the family iPad 2 is well and truely - and all too regularly - held hostage by our toddler!

He loves the Louie app, which, fortunately for my conscience, is educational, creative and fun.

But I kind of want my toy back now, please! I hate sharing!!

• Options
    Our grandson is just two years and nine months old and has just started that exasperating "Why?" stage. He is quite an accomplished.iPad user already. We have downloaded Colour by Numbers and Fingerpainting applications for him. He only uses it under supervision but it is fascinating to see how he adapts it to his abilities.