Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: New Jo Frost Angel award for parenting heroes

Replies

• Options
    heya, i would like to nominate my partner LIAM BARBER for the parent/Angel award.

I had a real tough time during my second pregnancy with my daughter pippa-may. We already have a 2year old son harvey who is being tested for autism. Liam supported me through all the appointments and stayed positive through out. On one appointment where we got told they are 99.9% sure harvey has ASD i was 38weeks pregnant. 2 dasy later i had to be induced as my amniotic fluid levels were to low and pippa was at risk. Liam stayed with my my whole labour with started 3am and pippa wasnt born until15.53 the next day. the Labour was awful with her heartbeat dropping and her being back to back but she was born a healthy 7lb 3oz. Shortly after the birth i was rushed to theatre as the placenta got stuck and since i was badly anemic i was bleeding alot. he waited outside the theatre the whole time with our new baby girl waiting for me to come out. i couldnt of done it without him :)

i was in hospital 4days and thought after all that we would be able to settle down into family lie with our new addition. But after only 2days at home i was rushed back to hospital with chest pains. After a nucleur and a MRI scan they found out i had a pulmonary embolism in my lung, a very rare complication of a difficult labour/birth. i was very poorly but the whole time liam was by my side taking me to hospital for appointments etc. He supported me to continue breastfeeding (which was really difficult as had to express for 48hours when pippa was only a few days old after the scans) and thanks to him nearly 5months later i,m still feeding her myself. he has been my rock and honestly couldnt have got through it all without him. its been nearly 5months now since pippa was born and i,m still on daily injections and warfarin to keep my blood thin although hoping to come off these soon. We have also been told that if we were to try for anymore children in the future it would mean 9months of injections in my tummy to prevent the clot coming back again. But thanks to liam i,m ready for anything because i know that with him by my side i dont have to be afraid.