Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: Burnt at school after sitting on a radiator? That’ll be £29,000 please!

Replies

• Options
    How do you sit on a radiator long enough for it to burn enough to cause enough damage to warrant £29 000.

Don't people realise that every penny they claim in compensation is a penny less for pot for education and it's only the tax payer footing the bill.

If someone is actually negligent or something is dangerous than yes take steps to remove that person or fix that problem,but don't take money from where it's needed most.

My daughter burnt a finger on a glue gun a few years ago,it was an accident.There's no way I'd have sued,even though I did think at the time maybe my 5 year old shouldn't be using a glue gun.

When I was a teenager a girl in my woodwork class sanded the end off her fingers with the sanding machine,a disk of sandpaper spinning at high speed.We all filed our nails on it,just to see.She got unlucky.Surely we shouldn't have been allowed,today I'm sure someone would have been hovering over us or sanding the bit of wood we were supposed to be sanding.

I think those who care for our kids should be taking good care of our kids but there's those that take advantage of simple accident.