Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: Mum sues McDonald’s over Happy Meals

Replies

• Options
    Only in America! Lets hope she gives the money to charity..
  • Options
    I get Mia them now & again but she has the fruit or carrot options & never the fries. If it's that bad why take her kids near the place. Mental.
  • Options
    hope she wins! Can't stand the place! I prefer my kids dining experience to be somewhere with cutlery, plates and good manners. Never taken them to McD's and never intend to.
  • Options

i dont actually like McDs but often its the cheepest plasce to eat and as i dont have any money its a good way to treet the kids. dont go often though.

shurly this womman has some control over her kids. if they wanted to smoke because others are doing it would she let them? ect  i think she needs to take responsibility for her actions

• Options
    ONLY IN AMERICA!!!! Myfeelings exactly. Here's a novel idea,say no,refuse to go,instead of going and trying to sue.

My lads have the occasional treat there,I bin the toys a week later,so small and fiddly,my boys love the drive thru-we take ours home but it's not very often,so I see no harm allowing them to have a happy meal.
  • Options
    As others have said -only in America!!

why is that people have to try and sue for every little thing?! If you think its unhealthy, you dont go there. She is the parent, she decides what her money should be spent on.

we take our kids there occasionally, i know its probably not the healthy option but if you cant treat your kids once in a while (and myself of course!)...
  • Options
    What's wrong with the word "no".Stupid woman.Do you buy them every toy they see in every toy shop you pass?But you you have to buy them a happy meal for the disappointing bit of junk they get with it.
    Sounds more like lazy woman,can't say no so blame someone else,can't be bothered to cook for her child,so blame someone else,ooh might be a quick buck in this so definitely blame someone else.
    We eat at McDonald when we're camping because we're on holiday,we have limited facilities so cooking washing up is so much hassle,and it means someone else does the work and the cleaning up.Also cheap,and the children do like the toy,for a short while,since they don't have many toys camping.We don't do it every day,I'm aware they're eating rubbish,and we balance it with good stuff most of the time.It's a rae treat,but I do want my kids growing up knowing that alongside your normal diet,you get to have treats too
    Hope she loses,has to pay costs and I assume McDonalds would bar her?
  • Options
    Is this some kind of joke out of a Christmas cracker? Just say NO. Simples! Going to MacDonalds and buying your child a Happy Meal is YOUR choice. Nobody forces you. It's about time people took reponsibilty for their own actions. What next; someone suing Cadbury's because they ate too many chocolates at Christmas?
  • Options
    She should just say no and not go there, shes the boss not the child. We go to Mcdonalds now and then as its cheaper than other places with a family but the toys are rubbish and go in the bin when we get home anyway, thats not the main reason we go there at all.
  • Options

If she is that incapable of saying 'no' to them having the toys, she should just buy them. 

You can buy the toys without buying any food.

Solves both her McDonalds problems, however she may need help with teaching her kids 'no'!

• Options
    this is just another bum trying to get free money!! ive never heard anything so ridiculous, mcdonalds are seen as a treat in my house that my kids get once and month, if that!! and they enjoy it when they have it, and definately dont nag to go there, there are also ways of making the happy meal healthier, choosing a fruit bag instead of fries, milk instead of fizzy drinks etc, this is just a money making scheme,and i think its wrong!!! or does this mean as parents that we all get a payout??? why is this 1 single parent out of billions so bloody special,thats what i want to know!!!!
  • Options
    You can buy the toys for something like £1 anyway. You don't have to buy the food as well.
  • Options
    What's wrong with this mother?! If they said "jump in front of a bus for a free toy" would she?? Silly bint. We rarely go to McDs or other fast food places because I know my children shouldn't eat junk food all the time. I think we've been twice this year. The trouble is a lot of people take their children too often, it should be an occassional treat once is a while, which doesn't hurt. If she's that desperate for the toys she should buy them on eBay ;o)
  • Options
    What will happen when her kids are 15 and want to go to the pub? if you can't say no to them when they are small you've got no chance.
  • Options
    Why can that child's mother not just say "NO"? Does she buy every kids' magazine just because they have a free toy attached? I doubt it. It is her own decision to take her child to eat there, no- one is making her. She is just looking to claim to get loads of money, probably so she can buy more junk food.