Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: Top 10 family friendly theme parks

Replies

• Options
    Hello,

It depends on your location, I havent been to ALton Towers for many many years, however I beleive this is more of a thrill seeker park, so your younger ones may not be so well catered for,however someone else will have to tell you that, we live in Woking and have invested in Merlin passes so we visit regularly.

Thorpe Park - we visited here only once last year - Harry was only2.5 and he wouldnt go on rides by himself and all of the young kids rides - he would have to go on - by himself. They have a lot of thrill seekers ride.

Legoland - we love it here - we go here quite a lot and there are lots of rides for the little ones - as long as are 0.9 meters and above and you can ride with them. You also have mini land with all of the Lego models. I have friends with a 8 year old and he enjoys legoland still. There are shows to watch and other things to do apart from the rides.

Chessington World Of Adventues - this is a good palce to visit also as they have a mix of things - they have a zoo (not big but still you can see the sealions, monkeys, gorilla, birds etc plus a mini sea life centre. They also have a mix of rides.

So it depends on what you are looking for and the level of rides your children like, Harry doesnt mind anything I have taken him on so far, however my nephew is a little bit more nervous.

I have to say if you go in the summer holidays it is very busy and you can queue for 45 min for one ride....

Also check out there websites, Legoland in summer has - my first fesitval with the likes of Justin - Mr Tumble..... fifi, etc and also monster trucks with a great monster truck display.

Hope you have fun whatever you decide on.

PS if you are thinking about visiting more than one, it may be worth investing in a merlin pass.
  • Options
    i want to have plenty of activities planned for my kids over the summer, which is better Alton Towers or Legoland? I have 3 children aged 4, 6 and my eldest is 9...i want something that they wil all enjoy?