Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: Giving birth in hospital

Replies

• Options

I went to our local maternity unit for both of ours. I was 12 days over with each but Mia (2.5 years old) made an appearence all on her own the morning that I was due to be induced. It was lovely that day because I got there at 3:30am and was leaving with Mia at 4pm. The second time I was induced but it was a totally different experince. The staff were different, they were slating each other and poking and prodding me, chatting as if I wasn't even there. It really was awful. Then near the end when I asked for a bit of pain relief I was told not to be 'a silly girl' as I didn't need it. i knew Ava was one her way but the lady said I had ages left. What do you know, within 45 minutes there was Ava, almost delivered in the lift. I can honestly say if I had of had that experience first we probably would have stopped at one dispite wanting 2. I think making plans are great and it really helps you feel in control and knowing where you are going and what you want, but thinking back I think I either got lucky the first time round or unlucky the second. I am happy to say I have two perfect little girls though so it's so worth while with that one crappy day.

• Options
    We are not lucky enough to have a maternity unit here, so hospital or home births for us..
  • Options
    I think you have to decide what is best for you and baby

When i had my baby i went to my local maternaty unit and was cared for baby was brought back to me very quick and i only stayed in on the night she was born i had high blood pressure just before she was born

and they thought i had a blood clot on my right leg but it was ok only

water i started out on the midwife led unit and was then moved to the consultant led unit due to baby maconium when the waters broke i was so proud to have a baby girl who was a bit jaundisid but soon recoverd it when you have a baby it can be a big experience for you and a happy time just think that you have midwifes and doctors there for you and baby you meet other mums and their babbies and can talk about how you feel have ing a new bundle of joy and love

SARAH CARDIFF COMMUNITY MANAGER