Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: Controversy over provocative poses by child model

Replies

• Options

I said pretty much the same on facebook about this. I think it is utterly disgusting. I think it's fine for kids to model for stuff their own age, no make up, acting like a kid but this is uncalled for and I have been really annoyed that someone would let their child do that but can't think why the people organising the shoot would want to do this either.  Unfortunately I think kids are getting more sexually aware at younger age and it is just so sad. Also, it doesn't really leave any dodgey people sneaking around if kids images are going to start getting more raunchy. It just delies all logic as to why anyone would want to dress a kid like this and get them to pose like that. I wouldn't want my girls looking like that.

• Options

**Sorry, I meant to put defies all logic but my fingers were cross. Lol**

• Options
    Think this article has just confirmed why I won't consider my children becoming child models!

I am sure the child is enjoying herself (Blimey, what child wouldn't love to be dressed up and be the centre of attention!) - but at what cost?

There is already far too much presure on children to grow up too quickly (and too much pressure on parents to just let them).

There is so much more to life and childhood than fretting about how to look sexy (even if the child does not know thats what they are doing!)

Just my opinion, I am sure there are many who would disagree.