Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

8 best creams, oils and lotions to treat eczema in babies

SystemSystem mod
edited Jun 8, 2019 3:00PM in Article comments

image8 best creams, oils and lotions to treat eczema in babies

Our pick of the top performing ointments to help soothe your baby’s irritated skin

Read the full story here

Replies

• Options
    I think that natural creams are better for baby's skin. I myself have not used any of the creams listed here and except relied on doctors steroid cream and some other ones I got from the chemist that were so inept I have forgotten what they were called. Thinking that my boy would have his eczema until he was out of his nappies per chance I read some great reviews about a baby eczema cream that could help. His eczema was all over and was more like a heat rash if that makes any sense. This natural baby eczema cream had listed in the ingredients coconut oil,lavender oil,camomile oil, manuka from cape etc. and when I bought it I quite frankly thought it was far too expensive. However give it its due. It worked and cleared up every last sign of the eczema rash within a fortnight. Be wary of using steroid cream fro longer than seven days running. My boy's eczema did respond well to it but it wasn't a long term solution and I've heard it can make some people's eczema worse.
  • Options
    @Shell555 - do you remember what the name of the cream was?
  • Options
    shell555 can you please help me with the name of the natural baby eczema cream that help your DS? We are going through the same thing with my DD. We used the prescription steroids and they worked like magic the first week and she has been having flares since then. I have to keep using them for over a month bow because nothing else works as well. Even though she is still breaking out with the creams it is better than anything else. Please help. I had tried Weleda which is one of the options on the list. That didn't help. I'd like to try the one you used. Thank you kindly.