Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

VERY slow leaking waters???

Anyone know anything about this or can say what it might be like? Or anywhere I could read about it??
Would it be a constant trickle or could it be a bit and then nothing and then a bit more etc

ANYONE WITH ANYTHING WOULD HELP!!!!!????! :\?

Replies

• Options
    It was never confirmed officially, but a midwife I spoke to when I was in labour with Toby said my waters probably started leaking slowly. They would have started on the Thursday and I gave birth on the following Tuesday.

Now for the description!

Whenever I've had a period and not used a tampon, when the blood is escaping (odd choice of word I know!) it sort of feels like a little bubble bubble bubble escaping from there. Does that sort of make sense?!?!?! Well I did keep getting sensations like that all through Thursday to Tuesday. I never went as far as smelling my grundies though! But on the times I wore a pad (the MW told me too) it was a teeny weeny weeny bit pink tinged.

So for me, it wasn't a constant trickle, it was just a bubbly type feeling every now and again.

HTH and sorry if its gross!

xxx
  • Options
    thank you yes it does help a bit! THANKS for the reply!
  • Options
    hope all is ok maximum x
  • Options
    with my first,it was like i was having a wee and then it was nothing,i had it a few times but at 35wks it was getting to the point when i was sitting or bending and i told my mw and she sent me to the hospital to gget checked and i was 3-4cm dialated and they said it was my hind waters and they popped my water about hours later

sarah
  • Options
    Everyone kept telling me I'd know when my waters break as they'd come pouring out and wouldn't stop coming out. Well, I did have a big gush but after several checks was told that wasn't my waters (apparently it was discharge - lovely!!). About a week after that happened I went into labour and whilst I was at home I had a bath to ease the pain. Once I got to the hospital they told me my waters had gone but I had absolutely no idea whatsoever!! I think in most cases you can tell but obviously not in mine.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    I thought waters were leaking slowly and on and off for days before lo arrived. hospital confirmed it when I got checked but said baby still had plenty of fluid.

During labour they confirmed it was my hind waters and not forewaters (making contractions awful and all in my back) so that's why baby still had plenty fluid etc.

Hope all OK ? Maybe get checked if not sure. S x
  • Options
    Thanks all!

FALLEN ANGEL _ that is what this was like I have had a couple of bursts over the last couple of days but then nothing after.

I am at the midwife tomorrow morning so I will see what she says!

THANKS ALL!
  • Options
    the next time you have a burst :lol: try and hold it,like you do when you have a wee mid-flow,if it stops then its probably wee but if you cant control it,then yes deffo speak to the mw asap

sarah
  • Options
    My waters started leaking but my baby was actually due and it was confirmed by the midwife at hospital who does a check! I didn't really feel it but my knickers were constantly wet and discharge. They say if it soaks through a pad then more than likely. Please get checked as risk of infection and they say that 86% go into labour - I didn't and had to be induced 3 days later as risk of infection was increasing. Probably sounds worse than it is but you just get monitored really.
    Your midwife will either check tomorrow or send you to hospital.
    Take care XX