Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

bf babies and poo??

my little one is bf and doing a large number of poo's he has done since he was born 4 weeks ago but a lot of them are green ??? any ideas??

Replies

• Options
    Hi Faithlouise, Bf babies poos do come in some rather strange colours, green being one of them. Dont worry you will have a rainbow of colourful nappies before long! lol x
  • Options
    thanks i cant remember my first being these colours then again i forgot the pain of giving birth and did it again lol
  • Options
    Hi Faithlouise

I was used to the mustard-yellow shade of baby poo and then one day I was greeted by lurid green! I have no idea what makes it change colour or texture (where do those lumps come from?).

Take care x
  • Options
    hi faithlouise, i was told by my hv that it is a sign of trapped wind and also it could be that he is just getting the fore milk, isaac used to have green poo and he was very windy.
  • Options
    thanks for the replies xx
  • Options
    Poppys poos are just like water, all she has to do is trump and she's pooed!! The midwife said it's normal as she is breastfed, seems very strange to me though! With the exception of the first couple of nappies they're all like brown wee!?