Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Unsure?!

Well, as I posted a couple of weeks ago, my hubby & I were refered for fertility testing a few weeks ago.

I went for my blood tests yesterday, but they managed to mess them up & are going to retake them on 22 September.

Thing is, I'm a bit confused. Every month for about 2 weeks before AF I get tender breasts, but this month they are really sore. Can't even touch them & wearing a bra is even a bit uncomfortable. Also my BBT has been quite high.

I don't want to get my hopes up because I've learned from that mistake many times before, but at the same time I can't help but hope!?! I don't want to test in fear of a BFN.

After being told by my GP that the chances of it happening naturally is slim, I'm a bit unsure what to think. Guess I'll have to wait & see what happens.

Replies

• Options

Well, I was right to not get my hopes up too much. AF arrived this morning, again.

I'm getting sick of this. I feel like it's never going to happen. I can't help but feel upset, even though I knew this was gonna happen. Every month I wonder if maybe this time it'll happen, and every month I feel crushed.

Everywhere I go people are showing off their bumps or talking about their kids. All I want is to be one of them.

I have even been told off by a freind of my parents for not giving my parents a grand child yet! And by my hubbys Mum!

I wanna scream!

• Options

Awww hun sending you some hugs!

I know how you feel last month I thought it was "our" month as had no signs that AF would be arriving  - usually I get pains, sore boobs etc aswell but nothing - anyway she was a day late and even though I thought she would come (had a BFN a week before) my head was starting to believe that maybe I could be pregnant.

Well AF did show up - cow and I then had to tend with going shopping which was all to much as there were so many babies and pregnant women! ended up crying - oops

Its so crap at times - I really  hope that the blood tests help and you get some answers - i'm sure your time will come hun. xx

If you want to talk you can PM me or if your on MSN send me your addey.

Sarah x

• Options

So sorry to hear that pookie,family's do have a habit of making things worse rather than helping. Are they aware of what going on. Hun your time will come.

Sarah your time will come to.

Best of luck to both of you.

• Options

Thanks for your messages. It's nice to know that people are there when you need them. I'm on MSN, if you wanna talk. The address is https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/LegacySmilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif[/img]unky-pookie@hotmail.com]punky-pookie@hotmail.com.

I haven't said anything  to my parents or inlaws. My parents would be supportive as it took them 12 years to conceive. Just find it a hard subject to bring up with them as I don't see them that often as they live abroad. Don't think the inlaws would be so supportive, they're not the supportive type!!! I think they would think we're being stupid.

Fingers crossed for the next month!!!

• Options

Hi Punky,

I have added you to my MSN list.

As your parents took 12yrs to concieve it may be worth giving them a call and seeing what they say image

• Options

Yeah, they're coming to visit on Saturday, so I'll have a word with them.

My hubby & me now have got our blood tests booked in for next Tuesday, so hopefully that'll get the referal process moving abit!

I can't believe I actually cried at work today. That was a bit embarrassing! I just feel so emotional at the moment.

• Options

Oh bless ya hun,you have every rite to feel emotional as this is not  easy going through what you are.

Its nice that your parents are coming over for the a visit,it will put your mind at rest knowing you have told your mum and getting alittle more support some someone who knows how you are feeling.

Best of luck with the blood results and hope they do your referal quick but fingers crossed for a BFP at anytime would be great for you.

x

• Options
    Hi Punky (or is it Pookie?!).  Sorry it is so hard for you at the moment.  I've just heard fro a friend of mine who has been trying for two years and is feeling similarly to you.  Don't give up just yet and, as I told my friend, try and relax, I know it is hard to do, but it might help.  I got fed up with colleagues asking me if I didn't want kids as I wasn't pregnant as soon as they felt I should be.  It took me nine months first tiem round and it hurt even then that people could be so insensitive.  Took 15 months the second time, but she's here now.  Good luck, hope something happens soon. xx
  • Options

hi i now how you are feeling it is hard but you do get thought it it werent that long ago that i could have just gave up and not bothered but i dont no how but i have came out the other side no and am just taking each day as it comes now

am having test with the hospital now so if you want to ask any questions feel free you can pm me if you want 

keep you chin up your time will come 

JADE