Forum home› Getting pregnant› Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Miscarriage and pcos

Hi Ladies, just wondered if anyone has had similar experiences with PCOS. I am 29 and my dh the same. We've been ttc for over a year (December 2009) initially i wasn't ovulating for about 8 months (no af). In past scans done years before i had found out that i had PCOS but was not told the full impact it could have on my chances of getting pregnant. Prior to ttc i had been on the pill for a many years with breaks in between and during these breaks i had the same problem with no af so hence being put back on the pill to keep things regular.

My GP referred us to the Dr's at the hospital and they surprisingly started us on a course of clomid (Aug 2010). Thought i would have to have loads more tests and wait till ttc for a year. After one cycle i got my BFP!! We were over the moon and very excited but at 6 weeks i miscarried. We were heartbroken but glad that i could get pregnant. The hospital discharged us saying my cycles should go back into a normal rhythm now!!! I was very surprised when this was the case and since October i have af on a 32-36 day cycle.

Started ttc again after waiting for a normal af. Pinning down those allusive fertile days was a bit tricky as i initially didn't know my cycle lengths. So after xmas i invested in some cbd ovulation tests and in Feb got the smiley face!! Lots of bding later and the tww and i got my BFP. Before i tested i knew i was probably pg as felt different from normal af symptoms. But again i mc at 5 weeks.

A lot of things have gone through my head is it me, my lifestyle (only work stresses), my dh, PCOS or just the development of the egg. I want to try again but what if this keeps occurring. Luckily they both happened at an early stage don't know how i would cope at 2 or 3 months in and having a mc. I did a bit of internet searching and with PCOS you do have an increased chance of mc. But i know that Dr are not interested till you've had three, god forbid!!

Is anyone else in the same boat or gone onto have healthy happy babies?

Thanks for listening

Emma x

Replies

• Options
    Ah Eastereggs I'm so sorry to hear what you have been through x I didn't want to read and run but unfortunetly I do not know very much about PCOS. I do know that 2 mc's in a row can be quite common and doesn't nessesarily mean that there is anything wrong, this is possibly why they will not look it to it until you have had three. (not that it makes it any easier to go through)

I think honey you just need to try again as scary as it will be and hope to god it's 3 time lucky x Sorry I couldn't be more help
  • Options
    Thanks I'm trying to stay positive. Booked a check up at the Dr's for next week.
  • Options
    Good honey hope you get on ok at the docs you can let me know how it goes x

I'm giving myself one more month then going to the docs to see what can be done 2 years in I'm getting way fed up of the waiting game x
  • Options
    I might have a rest for a few month recharge and enjoy not having worry about having kids. Good luck with the dr's too.