Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Natural remedies?? anyone tried anything?

Just wondering if anyone has tried anything, currently watching the glycimic index level of foods I eat, I have cut out all diet coke etc and I am including ground flax seeds, coconut oil and organic unflitered apple cider vinegar as well as lots of others nuts. I have cut out refined foods etc.

I am taking evening primrose oil and angus cactus supplements.

I will try anything to loose weight and get AF to regulate so we can have a baby!

Any one have any other tips or experience?

Replies

• Options
    Hiya Mrs G,

I have PCOS, and got my BFP naturally (even though hubby has low sperm count and reduced motility too!) I did a few things so I don't know which in particular helped, but I managed to get my cycles down from over 80 days to a normal cycle (going by my dates from scans the month we concieved was actually the first normal length cycle I would have had!!)

I joined the gym and went three times a week, I went on a diet and swapped any white carbs for brown so brown rice, spaghetti, bread etc, and I also took metformin (from docs), vitamin B6, and soya isoflavones from days 3 - 7 of my cycle as this is supposed to be like a natural clomid. I had only taken the soya and the vitamin B6 a couple of months before my BFP, so they might be worth a try! I had weight to lose, and I am sure the diet and exercise was probably the main factor to regulating my cycles. Good luck, if we can do it with hubby's problems too you definitely can, I hope you get your BFP soon X