Forum home› Getting pregnant› Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hospital referral & Lab and Dye

Its' been some time since my last post, but finally we have some good news.....

We got our hospital referral through and had our first appointment on Friday. The scans confirmed PCOS. I am sort of pleased that I finally have a diagnosis and know what it is but obviously would prefer not to have it!

I am booked in for a lap & dye at the end of October - has anyone else had this done? What can I expect?

I'm so excited that we are finally getting somewhere, it's been very frustrating up until this point!

Lots of love and positive thoughts

Louise

Replies

• Options
    Hi Louise,

You sound like you're about 5 months behind me. Have you been given clomid? I was given a few rounds of clomid while waitig for my Lap&Dye, which successfully made me ovulate, but still didn't make me pregnant somehow!

I'm just recovering from Lap, Dye and Ovarian Drilling now. It wasn't the nicest experience in the world. GA's aren't pleasant anyway, but I have been quite uncomfortable post-op. Its a week tomorrow and I have only just been able to lie on my stomach in bed. I had 5 days off work, any physical activity makes me want to go for a sleep for an hour or so! Maybe I'm just using it as an excuse to be lazy, though!

But I've been able to milk it to the hilt! My hubby has been very attentive and it will be completely worth it if I concieve. I've got more ultrasounds next week to see if I'm ovulating. Hopefully it has done something, as I came on my period the day after- talk about jump-starting my ovaries. I youtubed ovarian drilling (bad idea) and I'm amazed my ovaries didn't go into hibernation in protest. It looks horrible!

Good luck with yours, are you having ovarian drilling too?
  • Options
    I've got to wait until after the lap & dye before having any clomid. The waiting list for the op is only 6 weeks long though so not too much of a wait now.

Just the term ovarian drilling is terrifying - it had my husband petrified and he doesn't even have to go through it! They could at least give it a friendlier name!

I start a new job tomorrow so i'm a bit concerned as to what I should tell them about the time off. Unsure as to whether I should just book it as holiday or tell them it's to investigate 'lady problems' in case I need more time off.

Fingers crossed everything has been 'woken up' for you and you are now on the road to success!

xx