Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

help :s bit scard..

i stopped taking the contraceptive pill last febuary 2012, and been so busy with work and moving house etc i havent been to doctors since. I have been diognosed with PCOS and it runs in family i havent had a period since then but now me and my partner want to try for a baby and i dont know what to do... am i still fertile? 

and to be honest bit scared to go to doctors as they'll get funny with me for not taking the pill . 

has any body had this problem or am i alone image

Replies

• Options

hey huni

the best thing you can do is go to the docs if youve already been diagnosed and had all the tests chances are they can give you something!!
    im currently in the process of hopefully being diagnosed with pcos until dec 2012 id not had a period for a yr since coming of the pill i left it as i was scared but since june 2012 ive had loads of apps and now hopefully in may i should be offered clomid!!!

go to your docs they will help you get your baby good luck xx 

• Options

metformin (mainly used for diabetics) may be able to help get your periods going if thats what you are after (presumably to make it easier to track if you get pregnant), but you would need to go to the doctors to get this anyway. They can probs do a test for ovulation too.