Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How are my conception chances?

Hey I keep reading lots of different opinions on PCOS and now I'm just getting confused. I will tell you my PCOS details and if anyone can shed some light if I will have problems conceiving then that would be fabulous! I have never been tested for PCOS but my doctor says I have it My sugar levels are normal I have irregular periods but they do occur every month I don't have acne I have very minor excess hair but I'm dark so could just show more I'm really confused and will appreciate any help you can give Thanks Roxy xx

Replies

• Options

Hi

I also have PCOS. I fell pregnant with my first child straight away (I put on a lot of weight). 2nd I was having difficulty due to irregular periods so after 4-5 years went to DR and was put through to fertility clinic. Now 9 years on from 2nd I wanted 3rd and as I was getting older thought better ask DR to refer me to clinic again! Good job I did, cut off point is 38 here (Mid Wales). After all the tests was prescribed clomid and fell pregnant on 1st month of using it. 

I suppose one way of finding out would be to have blood tests to check your ovulating? Have you been trying? If you haven't, may be more difficult to get DRs to refer you? Everyone is different though and they say that weight has some factor in it!