Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

could-i-be-pregnant

Iam almost 30yrs old i have 3 children i have been with my husband 4yrs an 19months ago i came off the pill to try an concieve i had one peroid an that was it (i had put abit of weight on though) i hadtests done an found out i had pcos

Replies

• Options

I don't know if im pregnant. I had unprotected sex twice and the second time was July 6th and my last period was June 20th. Well I didn't get my period normally in July. I got it the 13th, but it wasn't like my normal period, it was lighter. Well I took 4 pregnancy tests and they were all negative. In August i bleed but I started the 9th. So it has been all jacked up, when I bleed in August it wasn't like a normal period either, it was brownish blood. I have PCOS, and I don't know if thats why the tests were negative. I checked on a website and supposedly I'm 8 weeks. I've been getting nasua and hot flashes. Really bad headaches, and I can barley sleep. But I don't want to go get a scan because my mom probably will say no and think I'm crazy or making it up, cuz when I took those tests she figured that, that meant that I was absolutely not pregnant. I need help, I'm so confused. Somebody please give me answers

• Options

If you were pregnant, then the tests would show up positive. Having PCOS doesn't mean that tests would show negative, it just means it's harder to conceive. If you think you're pregnant, go to your doctor to get a test, or test again at home.  A website won't tell you if you're pregnant, either. Only a test will. If you last had unprotected on July 9th, you would almost 100% get a positive pregnancy test result.  

• Options

I know a website won't tell me that. It was a pregnency calendar, to see how far along women are. Thank you for your input, i'm going to take another test the day after tomorrow.

• Options

Read my post back and it's come out differently to how I meant it: re; the website, I didn't mean you thought a website was the definitive answer, sorry! I meant more along the lines of that there are some con websites where you put your symptoms in and it 'tells' you if you're pregnant or not, and often how far gone, based on symptoms and period dates. But you'd be surprised at the stuff people believe, though!! ha!!

I would honestly say though, if you were 8 weeks pregnant, you'd know by now physically, as well as it almost 100% showing up on tests. Don't worry about it - if you've had 2 bleeds since and it's 8 weeks since unprotected sex, pregnancy is unlikely, or like you say, test again in a few days. 

Good luck x

• Options

Plus, read into pcos. If you have it, it's a complicated syndrome to get your head around, with many implications. It's caused by hormone imbalance, mainly diagnosed by abdominal and internal ultrasound scans. It can make cycles very irregular, different flow patterns and often you don't ovulate. It can also have other side effects like weight gaiins difficulty losing weight, insulin resistance and excess hair growth. The most serious things can be low quality eggs, resulting in higher chance of miscarriage. Once you're pregnant though, it wouldn't affect test results, so the fact you got a negative isn't linked to pcos, so don't stress. x

• Options

can anyone help me with advice i started bleeding on 25th was a darkish red mostly when wiped and since then its gone to a really light pink brown when i wipe for 3 days ive been tired and having sickly burps also going to the bathroom alot more and in the night my periods are not on same day each month 

• Options

It's okay hahaha. I know what you mean now. Yeah. I mean I feel pregnant, but I don't want myself to believe it and me not really be pregnant and have a false pregnancy. I actually took the test today, and again it was negative. So now I am soooo confused with whats going on with my body. I've never had these symptoms before. Not even when I was getting ready to start. So I guess I'll just wait it out. I'll know for sure by the middle of the next month.

And as for shell26 I think you should take a test or go to your doctor. I hope you find out what's wrongimage