Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Trying for a baby with pcos

Hello! I've been reading posts for months and decided it was time to join! My story so far is i was getting married aug 2012 and so thought we would get married then a baby would come straight away how wrong was i!!! After being on cerazette for 4 years with no periods something the nurse always said was ok! (i will never go back onto the pill) i stopped taking cerazette april 2012 thinking my periods would be back no problem so we started ttc april 2012 i soon became obbessed with all things baby and did ovulation tests every day never with a positive result i did not get a period untill dec 2012 a whole 8 months after coming off of the pill image I finally thought here we go but again nothing,in feb 2013 i went to see my gp who after much nagging from me referred me to see a gynecologist ,at this point i will say i am very over weight always been a big girl always struggled with my weight, so i was fully ready for the gynecologist to dismiss me over my weight,we went to seen the gynecologist in may 2013 i had an internal scan and was told i had pcos,the gynecologist was so horrid to me and told me to snack on lettuce leafs and only have 500cals a day! he also said to me the words "whats the point of a women if she is not child bearing" can you belive said that full stop let alone someone who has been referred for fertility issuses! i was so upset and crying and my husband sat there in total shock! i left the app with nothing positive.. had he said lose weight come back loads we can do for you i would of felt positive! Anyway enough about the evil gynecologist my own gp put me on metformin at the end of may i also started acupuncture in june i had cycles in may,june,july and aug and even got positive ovulation tests but still no baby image now on day 73 of cycle and feeling so frustrated as i thought i had got my cycles back! i have also started a low gi diet and ive lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks so think this is the diet for me!

Omg didnt think i had so much to say!! i hoping to hear from other ladies in the same boat and support from others xxx

Replies

• Options

P.S Forgot to say my husband has been tested and all ok!

• Options

Hi Bellamean,

I didn't want to read and run.  Firstly I cannot believe what a supposedly professional person said to you when you were clearly there because you were having problems and therefore you more than likely would be upset and vulnerable!!!  I cannot imagine what you are going through.....I thought my cycles were bad with my longest being 45 days.....feel for you!

I am 27, my OH 34 we have been ttc since June and I have been of BC since April.  I didn't expect to get caught straight away but I also didn't expect to still be sat here 4 cycles down the line with nothing!  Since coming off BC in April I had 3 cycles which were 35 days, 1 cycle at 41 days and my last cycle was 45 days.  I only started using OPK's last month and I got a positive OPK on day 30.  I went to the Dr's last week re my cycles getting longer each month and was amazed at how good my Dr's were as they have referred me for a pelvic ultrasound to rule out PCOS.

I was actually amazed this month as I got a postive OPK on Tuesday at only CD19, so I was very shocked as I expected it to be another month of having to wait till day 30. 

I must also add that they must be on the ball with the whole weight loss thing as I don't consider myself to be 'big' in anyway but I know I am slightly overweight as I am 12st4 and 5'5.  I am a size 14/16 but my Dr told me last week that I should lose some weight to help me out also....not what you want to hear!

Anyway sorry I can't help much or give any advice but just didn't want to read and run image

Angela x