Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

PCOS stress

I'm almost 20 now and I haven't had a period since Feb. of 2013. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 11, because I was fully developed but hadn't started my period. Even then, I didn't have my first menstrual cycle until I was 15, with the help of progesterone and birth control pills. After 3 months on the pills, I quit taking them but my cycle stayed regular and on time for the following 3 years. I thought my period had stopped because I was under a lot of stress at the time, but now that my life has evened out, it still hasn't started. I went the the hospital/doctor on three different occasions about my missing period and no one could tell me anything.

Now, and for the last month or so, I've been cranky and crampy. My abdomen feels full or like there's a pressure there. I've had to urinate more frequently within the last week than normal and my breasts are more tender than they used to be (they're always pretty sensitive, but never this sensitive) and I think they may have gotten bigger. I've also been having nausea and vomiting, which is exacerbated by heat and physical activity, but will come on even if I've laid around the house all day. Some days I can't eat at all because I know I'll get sick if I do. I'm always tired and more emotional than usual. 

My boyfriend and I don't use condoms because I have a sensitivity to them, but he up until two weeks ago he would pull out (TMI, I know). I thought I couldn't get pregnant because I didn't have periods, but could I be? I really need to know what to do or where to go because I don't lead the healthiest of lifestyles...

Replies

• Options

Sorry.... I don't do this often but that is pretty shocking advice. Yes, the pill is a good idea but my goodness, DON'T get pills from online, jeeeeeez!!!!! They're medications! They're prescribed by ridiculously qualified medical professionals and shouldn't be bought on an online pharmacy because we don't know which ones are suitable for our condition. Medical conditions can be made even worse by buying the wrong pills.  You also have absolutely no guarantee that the pills are genuine.

Please, SaraAnn, visit your doctor and ask for help - don't visit an online pharmacy.  The pill can help you regulate your cycles but most importantly, to prevent pregnancy.  You don't need to have a period to release an egg, but you do need to release an egg to get a period. So basically you can ovulate without ever seeing a period and still get pregnant. It's only if it's not fertilised that you'll get af. Even if you don't go on the pill, check out other contraceptive methods. You don't seem like you really want a baby in your life so try find something that lets you live without worrying. 

Good luck x