Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Need help with a very COMPLICATED situation >.<

Okay i need help. this is a long run down so sit very tight ladies.

30th Dec 2014 I had the depo shot. It was a horrible period for me and decided not to return for a second shot, which was due 24th March. I was fine for a month, a little tired but fine, then late April I bled for about a week, it was dark brown and very mucusy (sorry tmi) then that stopped for a week then the bleeding returned, for a week again. So from end of April up until end of

June I was having on and off bleeding, I'd know when it was my period but I'd have the annoying bleed in between. End of June I decided to try the combined pill which had stopped the bleeding completely literally the day I took it, but I still didn't like how it made me feel so decided to not continue with it (only used it for about 12 days). I gave up using any form of contraceptive and just decided the best way for me to return back to normal was to do it naturally. So a few days after stopping the pill I had withdrawal bleeding. this was 3rd July, then I bled, which was my period because I always come on around the time, but I believe it was around the 17th July. I then had an in between bleed probably around the 30th. Finally, I again had a period on 13th August and had no form of in between bleeding afterwards. I had unprotected sex on 1st Sept and was supposed to be due on (going by a 28 day normal cycle) around the 10th, however this never came.

I decided that since I came on 13th Aug, maybe I'll be back on 13th Sept? before this year I have always had a 28 day cycle, sometimes would come a bit earlier but never late. I don't know if everything I had been through was messing about with my body or I could be late for a reason. Anyway I tested on the 13th Sept, using ClearBlue and got a negative. However I have had cramps, my breasts were sore, darker nipples and I swear they have grown (I have small boobs so I would definitely notice a change lmao). I'm also getting quite a bit of discharge. I feel like this is complicated but I don't know what's going on. I am going to wait a few days to try and test again because maybe I tested too early but if we're going off my 28 day cycle i am 3 days late. surely it can't still be the depo/pill? 

Replies

• Options

Hi Newb94,

Your body could be settling down after the different hormones it's had via the depo and the pill. Or you could be pregnant. Unfortunately there's no way to tell until you either get a period or a positive pregnancy test. I know that's stating the obvious and probably not very helpful, is it?!! Interesting that you have some pregnancy symptoms though. My first sign was sensitive/sore nipples under the shower!

My advice would be to re-test with a low sensitivity test, first wee of the day in a week,  then again the following week and if no period maybe see your gp at a routine appointment. Good luck and keep us posted xx

• Options

Thank you, I will keep you posted x