Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Lost and not sure what to do....

Hi ok ill start at the beginning and i am hoping someone can help me. In September I took a pregnancy test it was a faint positive before I could retest I started my period it lasted four days after the bleeding stopped I tested again it came back negative. I called my obgyn got an appointment on Oct 7th. The doctor confirmed what I already feared I had was is commonly known as a chemical pregnancy. So after that I had another period everything was fairly normal about a week after 

Replies

• Options

I started to feel tired and sick to my stomach I waited for what seem like forever and it just got worse back pain head aches smells everything  and finally it came time to start my period again on the 31st and it didn't come 1 week later I finally started it was heavy for the first day then by the end of the second day I was barely spotting today what would be day 5 I am not bleeding at all still have all the same symptoms as before I started only more intense.  I want to test but I'm afraid to jinx myself... What should I do all the signs are there like I am pregnant. I am just so worried please 

• Options

hi Hopeful , i feel like you just that i havent tested as yet , my period is due friday and said i will do a test Sunday . the worse feeling is to wait .maybe go back to the doctors and check . also tell them you are trying to conceive and maybe they can help you . I also hope that you are pregnant as well 

• Options

Thank you faith, I think I'm gonna test on Saturday and just pray in the mean time.... I just dont want it to be negative after what happened last time it broke my heart to see how upset my boyfriend was when I told him what happened. And my doctor knows he said if it happened once it will happen again 

• Options

All the best Hope ... I will pray for u as well ... 

• Options

I hope our test comes back with positive as well you should let me know the results on Sunday. :)

• Options

Will Do :):):) 

• Options

Hey faith I hope your doing alright I took my test yesterday morning it came back not pregnant so I guess if I still feel this way  couple of weeks I'll test again

• Options

hey hopefully 23 , chemical pregnancies dont always happen again, usually miscarriages are a one time occurance unless your are over 45 in which case their is a slight chance it may happen again. 

Having a miscarriage doesnt increase your chances of having them again

the miscarriage association website gives great advice about getting pregnant again

• Options

Thank you too beautiful that makes me feel better but it was kind of a miracle thank we got pregnant in the first place my boy friend has extremely low fertility the doctor said it would just be easier to say he was sterile:/ so I would really like it to happen 

• Options

Hi Hopeful hope u okay after the testing don't lose faith just hang in there . I haven't tested as yet said I will give it till this Friday . The symptoms have become stronger this week for me but I just want to be sure before I do the test . I am going to recommend conceive plus you can get it at Dischem. you use it when you ovulating and it helps for fertilisation to occur faster . but you have to monitor the days you are ovulating , so u know when to use it . I will continue to keep you in my prayers and soon you will be blessed with your little bundle of joy . God Bless 

• Options

I am glad your symptoms have only gotten stronger that's a wonderful sign and I'll look into that see if I can pick some up maybe it will help I'll try anything once 

• Options

Hi Hopeful I hope you are well , today i woke up with like menstrual cramps starting to feel disheartened cos im so sure im pregnant , ive read this is supposed to be normal but guess im just paranoid . Oh i wanted to tell you sometimes testing to early can give you a negative cos the HCG levels are still too low , maybe try again in another week or so . 

• Options

Thank you faith and I was thinking the same thing about my hcg levels and  hope ur right and I hope it's not af knocking on ur door but only time will tell hopefully she does appear and u get some wonderful news and just like my Moma says if  you feel pregnant you probably are.... Try not to stress yourself out worrying it will happen exactly when it suppose too 

• Options

Hey Hopeful hope you doing well today , yeah ive stopped stressing now , i have 4 days til i finally do the test . .... well keep me updated and i will let you know as we progress .. God Bless 

• Options

hi faith  am doing alright for the most part my head is still pounding like crazy and I can't drink a cup of coffee without feeling sick but work is peaceful yes please one of us needs some good news

• Options

HI Hopeful :) so yesterday i just couldnt take it anymore i did a Pregnancy test and got a BFP !!!1 OMG we are so happy and grateful to God . my appointment is next week , waiting for confirmation on the date .... so so so happy  ...which means even though i have pcos after 3 weeks of being on metformin i fell pregnant . wow baby dust to you !!!

• Options

Congrats faith thats such wonderful news I'm so happy for you and yours :) 

• Options

Hi Hopeful how are you doing . did you do another test as yet 

• Options

No not yet I just decided to wait till when af is suppose to arrive which will be on the 29 Th give or take a few days I'm still feeling some symptoms off an on not really sure what to except I'm trying to stay positive 

• Options

yes just stay positive , yes they say best results is a week once your period is missed . so take it easy .....